Race with the RACING GREYHOUNDS in 2013!
Want to ride for the coolest team in Michigan (possibly even THE WORLD)?? Here's your chance! The RACING GREYHOUNDS have opened up the 2013 team application. Whether you're a seasoned vet or a total newbie, this team is for you. We're looking for positive riders and racers for the 2013 season.
To sign up, follow this link: http://www.cycletofitness.com/race
Registration ends December 3rd, 2012.
What do you get as a RACING GREYHOUND? I'm glad you asked!
• A team full of motivated individuals who are out to have fun and get better and faster. We support each other and provide a great atmosphere at races. We're one of the biggest teams around, and we make every teammate feel welcome.
• Amazing race support. Each of our supported races is fully stocked with food, tools, and tents. Just show up with your gear and you're covered. Want to do a non-supported race? No problem. Swing by and pick up a tent and the tools you need.
• Great discounts. We have multiple opportunities throughout the year to purchase the stuff we need at great, team-only prices. We have some amazing deals in the works for 2013!
• Awesome sponsors. We hold multiple events at Woodland Lanes throughout the year. The Northville Sports Den is a great place to stop during our group rides. The best team kit designs on the planet from Octane Design, and of course, amazing support from our shop Cycle to Fitness in Livonia. Not to mention well known bike and parts manufacturers.
• Multiple group rides all over metro detroit. There are the staples like Maybury Miles mountain bike ride and Tuesday Night Worlds road ride from the shop, as well as Thursday night Tri training at ILRA. In 2013 we're working out more weekly group rides on the east side. We also have group rides at different locations throughout the year, lead by team members who are familiar with the area.
Sound awesome? That's 'cause it is awesome! But nothing's free in this world, Jack. There are a few things we require from our racers:
• A positive attitude. We're out to have fun and try to win, in that order.
• Dedication. We ask that you start 5 races throughout the year. Too much? No problem! We have a touring team with fewer requirements, and likewise fewer benefits. Don't worry, you'd still be 100% RACING GREYHOUND teammate.
• Community service. We ask that you complete a few trail days throughout the year, volunteer at some races, or otherwise donate your time to the communities around you.
• Writing the team name as RACING GREYHOUNDS, all caps. It's a thing. I don't ask why.
If all this sounds like it would be right down your alley, submit your application to become a RACING GREYHOUND. We look forward to hearing from you!